Introduction

Wow, hi everyone! I just went through and took a peek at everyone's blogs and was blown away by how clever you all are. So, I went the tongue-in-cheek route for my blog's name.

My name is Megan Shepherd and I'm in my final few classes for the MLIS program, on track to become an Adult/Public Services Librarian. I currently work as the Adult Public Services Associate at the West Indianapolis Branch for Indianapolis Public Library.

As for reading habits... let's say my favorite authors are Stephen King, Kurt Vonnegut, Toni Morrison,  Chuck Palahniuk, and Ottessa Moshfegh, to name a few. 

Comments

  1. Hi Megan,

    I love Toni Morrison and Chuck Palahniuk. I actually just found out last night that Chuck Palahniuk wrote two coloring books for adults in collaboration with some high-profile comic book artists, weird but cool. I also really love Kurt Vonnegut. I lucked out at a thrift store this last summer and got my hands on a mint-condition first-edition copy of Breakfast of Champions that I’m still real thrilled about. Nice to be in a class with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jacob,
      Breakfast of Champions is amazing, that's so cool you managed to snag a first edition! Palahniuk having coloring books somehow does and does not shock me. What a guy.

      Delete
  2. I just read Fight Club for the first time last year! What a weird one. I read The Shining two or three years ago. I'm a fan of the movie, so it was interesting to read and note differences. What is your favorite Stephen King novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haley, that is one tough question. I would have to either say The Shining or Salem's Lot; both are some of the first novels I read of his. Have you read anything else by Palahniuk?

      Delete
    2. I haven't! Only Fight Club so far. Is there another of his you'd recommend?
      I love reading spooky stuff around Halloween, so I might try out Salem's Lot this fall!

      Delete
    3. I just recently read one of his newer novels, The Invention of Sound. It is about the world of foley artists and it was hilarious yet dark. If you can stomach some gore I highly recommend it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts